Miss Chrissie Laban BSc, MRCS, MD, FRCS is a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon. She graduated from St Bartholomew's Medical School in 1996.
After qualifying as a junior doctor she was awarded an MD for research into breast cancer cell growth, resulting in multiple national and international presentations and publications.
She completed her surgical training in Wessex and went on to undertake a year as an Oncoplastic breast surgical senior registrar in Edinburgh. She has previously worked as a locum Breast Consultant surgeon in Nottingham and Bournemouth for one year, specialising in oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery.
Miss Laban also works alongside plastic surgeons in the local area to perform mastectomy and DIEP breast reconstruction.
- Breast surgery for both benign and malignant breast disease
- Oncoplastic breast surgery and reconstructive breast surgery.
- DIEP breast reconstruction
- Breast reduction
- Breast uplift (mastopexy)
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Defence Union
- Association of Breast Surgeons