Professor Christian Phillips
Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician
BM BSc Hons DFFP DM MRCOG
Practices at: BMI The Hampshire Clinic
Professor Christian Phillips is a consultant gynaecologist and urogynaecologist in North Hampshire. He has a general gynaecology clinic and specialises in urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstructive surgery. He offers minimal access (keyhole) surgery for prolapse including surgery for women with prolapse who wish to retain their uterus. He provides a full gynaecological service including endometrial ablation for heavy periods and treatments for conditions including endometriosis, fibroids, period problems and pelvic pain.
He is the senior gynaecologist at Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital and appointed visiting professor at the university of Winchester in 2016.
He has a keen interest in research and has a DM thesis in urogynaecology. He has published several books and has written and reviewed numerous scientific papers for international journals.
Professor Phillips presents at national and international meetings and lectures on pelvic floor surgery. He has been on the faculty of several training courses and runs an annual surgical masterclass showing live pelvic floor reconstructive surgery to visiting consultants from around the world.
- Urogynaecology and pelvic floor reconstruction for prolapse
- Bladder problems / incontinence / cystitis
- Menstrual problems: heavy/painful/irregular/abnormal bleeding
- Pelvic pain
- Fibroids, endometriosis
- Minimal access (keyhole) surgery
- Laser treatment for endometriosis
- Endometrial ablation, laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Incontinence surgery, Botox, bladder neck bulking, laparoscopic colposusupension
- Surgery for prolapse/incontinence including keyhole surgery for prolapse
Assessments, investigations, symptoms:
- Cystoscopy and urodynamics
- Transvaginal ultrasound/pain mapping
- Open/laparoscopic surgery including hysterectomy/hysteropexy/colpopexy
- Vaginal hysterectomy and prolapse repair
- International trainer for laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
- IUGA research and development committee
- IUGA laparoscopic special interest group
- EUGA education committee
- BSUG meetings committee
Research programme looking at:
- Laser therapy for incontinence, prolapse and vaginal relaxation
- The effects of sport on the pelvic floor
- International Continence Society
- International Urogynaecology Association
- British Society of Urogynaecologists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)