Mr Colin Morton has over 20 years experience and has developed a broad and extensive expertise in Dermatology and skin procedures, including surgical procedures of the skin, cryotherapy, curettage, electrocautery and photodynamic therapy.
Dr Morton can treat a wide range of conditions, in particular:
- Acute and chronic skin conditions: acne, dermatitis and psoriasis
- Investigation of dermatitis by patch testing (performed on site)
- Removal of skin lesions - if diagnostic uncertainty, or where atypical appearance is raising suspicion of skin cancer
- Removal of skin lesions that are subject to trauma, causing discomfort or cosmetic concern
- Mole review and monitoring by digital imaging and dermoscopic examination
- Viral warts that fail to respond to topical therapy - curettage and cryotherapy can achieve marked improvement
- Disorders of hair and nails
Dr Morton is converting research experience of the use of blue light to treat acne into practice with the introduction of the Lustre Pure Light treatment for acne.
The Lustre Pure Light features flexible light therapy pads which deliver blue light at a wavelength of 420nm; which has been proven to eliminate P. Acne through porphyrin oxidisation.
Dr Morton is also able to perform topical photodynamic therapy, an innovative treatment that uses a special photosensitizing cream activated by an intense red light to selectively target superficial skin cancers – actinic keratoses, Bowen’s disease, and early basal cell carcinomas, avoiding the need for surgery in many patients. Dr Morton has published extensively on this topic and is secretary of Euro-PDT, a group of clinicians focussed on delivering safe and effective practice in photodynamic therapy for skin cancer and in assessing its place in therapy in several emerging novel indications.