Dr Fatima Kagalwala
MBBS, DCH, MD Paediatrics, MRCPCH (London), MSc (Advanced Paediatrics, Imperial College London), FHEA (Cambridge University)
Practices at: BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
Dr Fatima Kagalwala is a highly accomplished Consultant Paediatrician with many years of clinical experience. Having completed post-graduate Paediatric training (MD) from India, from the renowned Grant Medical College and JJ Group of Hospitals, she moved to the UK and completed a Master’s Programme in Advanced Paediatrics from Imperial College with distinction.
She has worked across West Midlands, Northern region and London including Great Ormond Street, Imperial and UCL. Based around London, she offers specialist treatment for a comprehensive range of paediatric problems including:
- Cold, coughs, chest infections, wheeze and asthma
- Gastrointestinal disorders, abdominal pain, constipation
- Kidney/bladder disorders, bed wetting, recurrent urinary tract infections, urinary reflux
- Faltering growth
- New-born problems, crying, reflux, cow’s milk intolerance
- Skin rashes, eczema
- Feeding difficulties
- Fits, faints and funny turns
- Nutritional and Health advice
NHS Trust - Currently working within the East of England region, Lister and New QE2 Hospital, East and North Hertfordshire.
Primary Speciality: General Paediatrics
Secondary Speciality: Paediatric Haematology and oncology, haemoglobinopathies and benign blood disorders including various types of anaemia.
Research and Publications: Dr Kagalwala has actively taken part in academic research, and has presented her research both nationally and internationally at a number of medical conferences like World Haematology Conference, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health Annual Conference. She has worked with the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health on updating the e-learning training modules on the Healthy School Child Program. Some of the research work includes early diagnosis of childhood cancers from primary care perspective and vitamin D deficiency in children.
Teaching and Training: Dr Kagalwala is the Lead for UCL medical students at her Trust and actively involved in medical education and has completed a Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy form Cambridge University. Due to her passion for excelling in training and education she is currently completing her MSc in Medical Education from University of Hertfordshire. She is an undergraduate and postgraduate examiner.
Clinical Governance: Dr Kagalwala is the Lead for Clinical Governance at her Trust and leads the monthly risk management, audit presentation and guideline meetings. She has contributed to numerous National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines and plays a vital role in learning from incidents and strengthening departmental risk structure.
Comprehensive Care: Being a Paediatrician for several years, Dr Kagalwala provides a holistic approach to managing various childhood conditions. Her communication skills with children and teenagers enable thorough assessment of the illness providing streamlined management and improved care.
- Dr Kagalwala is the Lead for Haematology at her Trust
- She leads the care of children with haemoglobinopathies, anaemia, bleeding and clotting problems
- She is the deputy lead for oncology and investigates children with lymphadenopathy and lumps, co-ordinating care with tertiary oncology centres
- She is member of the East of England Haemoglobinopathy network and sickle and thalassemia society
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- General Medical Council
- Indian Academy of Paediatrics
- East of England Haemoglobinopathy Network
- Sickle and Thalassemia Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)