Mr Gerassimos Lascaratos
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
FRCOphth, PhD in Glaucoma, University College London, MRCSEd, MSc(Oxon) in Glaucoma, St Peter’s College, Oxford University, MBBS
He is an Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer in Ophthalmology at King’s College London and at the UCL Institute of Ophthalmology. He is also the lead for the ophthalmology urgent referral service at King’s College Hospital.
Mr Lascaratos completed the South Thames surgical training programme in ophthalmology in London, including subspecialty glaucoma fellowship training at Moorfields Eye Hospital, and has more than 12 years experience in Ophthalmology.
He specialises in the medical, laser and surgical management of all types of adult glaucoma, including trabeculectomy and aqueous shunt devices, cutting edge minimally invasive glaucoma surgery, glaucoma revision surgery and complex cataract surgery, especially in patients with glaucoma.
His cataract complication rate is less than 0.5 per cent, which is way below the national average, despite the complexity of the operations he performs. He also offers premium intraocular lenses including toric lenses to correct astigmatism and multifocal lenses to reduce spectacle dependence for near and distance.
Mr Lascaratos has a passion for translational clinical research and is currently the Principal Investigator for a large prospective study between Moorfields and King’s College investigating the role of mitochondrial function as a novel biomarker for glaucoma.
Based on his innovative PhD work in Glaucoma at University College London and his MSc work at Oxford University he has unique expertise in cellular bioenergetics in glaucoma and its relevance to the development of new glaucoma treatments.
For more information please visit: www.glaucoma-cataractcarelondon.co.uk
- Medical, Laser and Surgical Management of Adult Glaucoma
- Tube Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS)
- Glaucoma revision surgery
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery
- Laser Iridotomy
- Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty
- Cyclodiode Laser
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, London
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Specialist Registration General Medical Council (GMC), UK
- Member (Glaucoma section) of Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- Member of Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland (MDDUS)
- Affiliate member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the European Glaucoma Panel (EGP) IV and Mentoring Programme (2012-2015)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)