Dr Gillian Potter
MBChB BSc (Hons) MRCP FRCR MD
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
After house physician and house surgeon posts in Edinburgh, she trained in general medicine in Newcastle-upon-Tyne, before returning to Edinburgh to commence training in general radiology.
In 2007, she was appointed as Neuroradiology clinical research fellow in the University of Edinburgh, completing her doctorate in cerebral small vessel disease in 2010. She then took up a Neuroradiology fellowship in Vancouver General Hospital.
She was appointed Consultant Neuroradiologist in 2011, and has special interests in skull base, ENT/head & neck, and cerebral small vessel disease.
- Skull base
- Ear, nose and throat
- Head and neck
- Cerebral small vessel disease
- Taube MA, Potter GM, Lloyd SK, Freeman SR. Successful conservative treatment of an intracranial pneumatocele with post-traumatic hypoglossal nerve palsy secondary to diffuse temporal bone pneumocele: Case report and review of the literature. Journal of Laryngology & Otology 2017
- Ghaemi JP, Wasimi M, Rutherford SA, McKee D, Pal P, Siripurapu R, Laitt RD, Potter GM. Calcifying pseudoneoplasm of the neuraxis (CaPNoN): An unusual cause of third nerve palsy in a teenager. BJR Case Reports 2016
- Potter GM, Hilditch CA, Laitt RD. Chapter 22: Imaging in endoscopic sinus surgery. In Otorhinolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery, 2nd edition 2015
- Mair G, von Kummer R, Morris Z, von Heijne A, Bradey N, Cala L, Peeters A, Farrall AJ, Adami A, Potter GM, Cohen G, Sandercock PAG, Lindley R, Wardlaw JM and the IST-3 Collaborative Group. Appearance of hyperdense arteries in acute ischaemic stroke, clinical outcome and response to recombinant tissue plasminogen activator: An analysis of the Third International Stroke Trial (IST-3). Neurology 2015
- Potter GM, Morris Z, Chappell F, Wardlaw JM. Cerebral perivascular spaces visible on magnetic resonance imaging: Development of a qualitative rating scale and its observer reliability. Cerebrovascular Diseases 2015
- Doshi J, Hughes R, Freeman SRM, Potter GM, Ward CL, Rutherford SA, King AT, Ramsden R, Lloyd SKW. Clinical and radiological guidance in managing facial nerve schwannomas. Otology and Neurotology 2014
- Kontorinis G, Potter G, Siripurapu R, Freeman S, Lloyd S, Rutherford S, King A. Management of cerebellopontine angle lipomas: need for long-term radiological surveillance? Otology and Neurotology 2014
- Husaen B, McCreary R, Evans J, Potter G, Silverdale M. Cervical myelopathy secondary to Tourette's syndrome managed by urgent deep brain stimulation. Movement Disorders 2013
- Potter GM, Doubal FN, Jackson CA, Chappell F, Sudlow CLM, Dennis MS, Wardlaw JM. Enlarged perivascular spaces and cerebral small vessel disease. International Journal of Stroke 2013
- Potter GM, Roman G. Editorial: Cerebral small-vessel disease: What lies beyond the early years? Neurology 2011
- Member of the British Society of Neuroradiologists
- Fellow of the European Head and Neck Society
- Associate Member of the Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences, Edinburgh
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)