Dr Jasvir Singh Grewal is a UK trained Consultant Eye Surgeon and works as a NHS and Private Consultant.
Dr Grewal has held NHS Consultant posts at the prestigious Western Eye Hospital in London. He held positions of Consultant Eye Surgeon at St Mary's Hospital London and Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. He currently practices in London and at the The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust on the border of Hertfordshire and Essex.
He is one of a few Ophthalmologists that holds recognized fellowships in more than one sub-specialty in Ophthalmology. He also continues to provide services in General Ophthalmology and specialised Ophthalmology services and performs many surgical and laser surgeries; including Cataract Surgery, Glaucoma and Eyelid Surgery.
He is committed to voluntary work and takes part in providing eye services in the UK, Alexandria, Egypt and India.
Prizes and Achievements
- Prof Leonard Ophthalmology Prize 1996
- Alan J Stolow Respiratory Medicine Final Year MBBS Prize 1999
- The American Academy of Ophthalmology conference in the USA where his work on "Community based visual rehabilitation in India", won him a recognition award at the AAO international conference.
- He has worked closely with the Royal National Institute for Blind in the UK, as a volunteer and was recruited to and completed a UK National Audit on the effectiveness of the "Action on Cataract" program sponsored by the UK Modernisation agency, a UK Government initiative.
- Jasvir also has an active interest in management and is a qualified member of the Institute of Leadership and Management.
Jasvir has also gained valuable experience around the world:
- Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children in London.
- Wills eye Hospital in Philadelphia, USA.
- Bascom Palmer Eye institute in Miami, Florida, USA.
- RP Centre AIIMS, Delhi. India
- Jodhpur Eye Unit, Rajasthan. India.
- Alexandria University Eye Department
- Dr Grewal has also been invited to and conducted Ophthalmic consulting work in NHS and Private settings in units in England, Scotland and Ireland.
Due to his commitment to voluntary work he has taken part in providing eye services in Alexandria, Egypt and eye camps in India namely in Jodhpur, Mount Abu and Haryana, India. Due to his aid work with the voluntary organization "Unite for Sight" he was invited to speak of and share his experiences at the international conferences held at Stanford University in USA.
TV Health show originator and presenter (Sangat TV channel 836) Being inspired by his SIKH faith and its commitment to being of service to the creation, with the grace of the almighty, along with fellow Sikhs he founded, and is presenter and organiser of the Sangat Health TV show which is a voluntary and charitable organisation set up to provide free, quality, health professional led, health advice and awareness for the asian community. It is a UK based TV show that has headquarters in Birmingham and West London with a worldwide viewership.
Jasvir is humbled and proud to serve as a volunteer for the world respected organisation of Guru Nanak Nishkam Sevak Jatha (GNNSJ) in his free time. This involves aid work on an international basis.