Ms Jennifer McIlhenny
Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
MBChB MSc FRCS
Practices at: BMI Ross Hall Hospital
Ms McIlhenny has been a Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon since 2016, and is currently the Lead Clinician for Breast Cancer in NHS Lanarkshire. She graduated from the University of Glasgow Medical School in 2002, and competed postgraduate Higher Surgical Training in Breast and General Surgery in the West of Scotland, and Oncoplastic Breast Surgical Fellowship at the Canniesburn Unit, Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Ms McIlhenny was appointed to the General Medical Council Specialist Register in 2016.
In surgical education she had a particular interest in academic standard setting. She is a member of the Standard Setting and Question Writing panels for written examinations at the University of Glasgow Medical School, and since 2016 has acted as a regular Assessor for validation of Fitness To Practice assessments with the General Medical Council in Manchester.
Ms McIlhenny is chapter co-author for Breast Surgery in two postgraduate revision books (Molloy et al Oxford Higher Specialty Training 2018 & Parchment Smith et al PasTest 2012).
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign breast conditions: lumps, cysts, nipple symptoms, breast symptoms during pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Therapeutic mammoplasty (aesthetic reshaping or breast reduction at time of breast cancer surgery)
- Screening, surveillance and check-ups for breast cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Member of the Association of Breast Surgery
- MSc in Perioperative Surgical Practice, University of Cardiff, 2010
- FRCS UK Intercollegiate 2015
- MRCS UK Intercollegiate 2005
- MBChB University of Glasgow, 2002
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)