Dr Jideofor Menakaya
Consultant Neonatal Paediatrician
MBBS, DCH, MRCP, MMedSci, MRCPCH, MA
Practices at: BMI The Clementine Churchill Hospital
Jide was appointed a Consultant Paediatrician with Interest in Neonatology in 2003 after Specialist Training in General Paediatrics and Neonatal Medicine in London, Hampshire, West Midlands and Australia. In 2007, he was appointed Honorary Consultant Paediatrician in Paediatric Gastroenterology at Chelsea & Westminster Hospital, London.
He has a wealth of experience in the assessment and management of medical disorders affecting children including paediatric emergency care. In addition, he has specific expertise in the care of newly born babies and infants including those born prematurely. He is also well versed in the management of children with disorders of the gastro-intestinal tract.
In addition to his clinical duties as a medical consultant, his other roles include his work as a clinical researcher, a medical educator, a mentor for post graduate doctors, a UK Resuscitation Council Instructor on Newborn Life Support, a Provider of Advanced Paediatric Life Support and a Neonatal Simulation Facilitator. He has expertise in Quality Improvement and is currently carrying out a funded study on the management of constipation and encopresis in children. He is a Trustee of ORCHYD, a Charity for Disabled Children and a Board Member/Trustee of The Early Intervention Foundation, a government funded charity with a mission for improving outcomes for all children
Dr Menakaya specialises in general paediatric disorders, neonatal diseases, paediatric gastroenterology, child-hood nutrition particularly faltering growth, coeliac disease, micronutrient deficiency and childhood immunisation. He has published several papers on paediatric and neonatal medicine and has lectured at prestigious venues around the world.
His favourite hobbies are cycling, running, singing and travelling. He is married and lives in London with his wife and two children.
- General medical assessment of all children from 0-16 years
- Specialist care for premature new-born babies
- Specialist care for mature new-born babies
- Feeding support for new-born babies and infants
- Neonatal Jaundice
- Immunisation programmes throughout infancy and childhood
- Paediatric Urgent Care Services
- Infant Nutrition service
- Paediatric dietetic services - including food allergies, faltering growth, obesity
- Specific Paediatric disorders: Abdominal Pain of childhood, Coeliac Disease, Constipation, Encopresis
- Well Baby Clinics
- Well Child Clinics
- Outpatient Paediatric Consultations
- Remote (On-line) telephone and Video consultations
- In-Hospital Treatment and Care
- General Paediatric Services for Families with Children
- Specialist Health Assessments for International Students
- School Education Programme
- Antenatal counselling for expectant new parents
- Member of the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Member of the British Association of Perinatal Medicine
- Member of the British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)