Mr Karim Hussain specialises in Oral and MaxilloFacial Surgery and Head and Neck Surgery and has been an consultant surgeon for more than 10 years. He is doubly qualified as a doctor and a dentist. In addition to his specialty in oral and facial surgery and head and neck surgery, he has been trained in general, plastic and orthopaedic surgery and emergency medicine.
Mr Karim Hussain is a Consultant Oral and MaxilloFacial Surgeon/Head and Neck Surgeon at Guy's Hospital, London, an Examiner for the Royal College of Surgeons, and a Fellow of several prestigious medical societies. He performs a wide range of surgeries, including:
- Surgery of the teeth: including buried/impacted teeth and dental implants.
- Surgery of the mouth: including cysts, polyps, white and red patches ( leukoplakia / erythroplakia), inflammatory and infective conditions, dry mouth and sore mouth.
- Tumours/Cancer: tumours and cancer of mouth, face, jaws, salivary gland and neck.
- Salivary gland conditions: including dry mouth, enlarged salivary glands, tumours and cysts.
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMJ): including arthromyalgia, disc problems and ankylosis.
- Facial deformity: cosmetic and functional correction of disproportionate jaws or soft tissues.
- Facial trauma: treatment of facial fractures and soft tissue injuries.
- Cosmetic surgery: facelifts, brow lifts, eyelid surgery, soft-tissue facial fillers and other facial rejuvenation surgery.