Miss Katharine Bevan
Consultant General & Colorectal Surgeon
BSc (Clinical immunology), MBBS, MRCS (Ed) FRCS (Ed)
Practices at: BMI The Manor Hospital
Miss Bevan was appointed as the Covidien laparoscopic colorectal fellow at Basingstoke in 2009. During this year as well as personally gaining experience in all aspects of laparoscopic colorectal surgery she also assisted in training other colorectal surgeons these specialist laparoscopic techniques. Miss Bevan was appointed to Bedford Hospital, as a Consultant in laparoscopic colorectal and general surgery in 2011.
Her special interests are primarily in surgery for both colorectal cancer and benign colorectal conditions (such as diverticular disease and inflammatory bowel disease). She also provides a surgical service for benign anorectal conditions such as rectal prolapse, anal fistula, anal fissure, haemorrhoidal surgery and cleft closure for pilonidal disease. In addition her practice includes laparoscopic cholecystectomy and abdominal wall hernia repairs (both laparoscopically and open).
- Laparoscopic colorectal surgery, for both colorectal cancer and benign colonic conditions
- Benign laparoscopic surgery, including abdominal wall hernias and incisional hernias
- Inguinal hernias
- Benign anorectal conditions including, fistula surgery, cleft closure for pilonidal sinus disease, prolapse surgery and haemorrhoidal surgery
- The Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland
- The Royal Society of Medicine (Coloproctology Division)
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)