Mr Maged Nessim
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MB ChB, PgDip Med Ethics & Law, FRCSEd, FRCSEd (Ophth), FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Priory Hospital
He was the past director of glaucoma services at BMEC - the supra regional centre for ophthalmology. He takes on referrals from his colleagues for managing complex glaucoma conditions with specialist interest in angle closure, neovascular glaucoma following diabetes and vascular occlusion. He also manages ocular surface disease patients. He has performed several thousand cataract operations with great success, and is vastly experienced in glaucoma filtration surgery, including augmented trabeculectomy and aqueous tube shunts. He has performed many state of the art minimally invasive glaucoma surgeries (MIGS) both as a stand-alone or combined with cataract surgery. He is an expert in using glaucoma laser surgery including selective laser trabeculoplasty, YAG and cyclodiode lasers.
Mr Nessim co-founded The Global Education & Research Society of Ophthalmology (GERSO) - a worldwide initiative for free and accessible eye education for all. He has formed an international network of experts in the field of cataract & glaucoma in the view of educating ophthalmologists worldwide.
He has also been invited to become a visiting glaucoma consultant at the Watany Eye Hospital in Cairo, Egypt, one of the leading eye hospitals across the Middle east, where he provides glaucoma surgical services catering to the most complex cases in the Middle East.
Some of his notable charitable works within the filed include ‘Khmer sight foundation’ in Cambodia, as well as Eye charity in Egypt.
- Small incision, suture free Cataract Surgery (phacoemulsification)
- Diagnosis and management of Glaucoma
- Glaucoma surgery: Trabeculectomy – Aqueous tube shunts
- Minimally invasive glaucoma surgery: iStent – GATT and others
- Glaucoma Laser: Selective Laser Trabeculoplasty - YAG iridotomy
- General Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- UK and Eire Glaucoma Society
- European Glaucoma Society
- UK & Ireland society of cataract and refractive surgery
- European Society of cataract & refractive surgeons
- British Medical Association
- Midland Glaucoma Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)