Dr Michael Khoo is a Consultant Musculoskeletal Radiologist working at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. Working at a world-renowned specialist centre, he has experience in a broad range of musculoskeletal imaging and image-guided intervention at a tertiary referral level for orthopaedic services frequently not available elsewhere.
Following his Radiology training at St Mary’s Hospital, London, he completed a post-CST Fellowship in Musculoskeletal and Spinal Imaging at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore.
His regular clinical practice covers a wide breadth of specialist orthopaedic services including but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal soft tissue and bone sarcoma
- Complex upper and lower limb joint reconstruction
- Complex spinal service (spinal tumours, adult and paediatric deformity reconstruction)
- Specialist hip debris disease (including metal on metal)
- Peripheral nerve injury service
- Paediatric orthopaedic services (surgical and medical)
- Spinal cord injury service
As the Co-Lead Radiologist for the multidisciplinary team (MDT) meetings for several of the services above and a contributory Radiologist for the remainder, he has the benefit of regular exposure to the most complex cases but, most importantly, combined cross-speciality learning from his numerous expert colleagues for continual professional development.
A frequent invited lecturer to national and international conferences and educational courses, he is also widely published in radiology journals with numerous peer-reviewed publications, most frequently in Skeletal Radiology, the official journal for the International Skeletal Society and Society of Skeletal Radiology.