Mr Milan Thomas is an expert Urological Surgeon and is Lead Clinician for the Department of Urology at East Kent NHS Trust. He qualified in Medicine at University College London, Medical School in 2004.
He is a specialist in robotic surgical treatment of kidney cancer and performs more complex-major operations to the kidney than any other surgeon in Kent (according to BAUS accredited national database figures). He also has special interests in Men’s Health and has jointly pioneered the award nominated Men’s Health Hub in East Kent, which is offered exclusively at The Chaucer Hospital.
In the NHS he runs a dedicated diagnostic clinic for blood in urine (haematuria) and male LUTS (lower urinary tract symptoms) – symptoms related to benign enlarged prostates. He is therefore pleased to offer his expert skills in these services privately.
Milan is also passionate about teaching and is an assigned educational supervisor for higher surgical trainees in Urology in the KSS Deanery. He received a Trust Award for Recognition of Training at East Kent Hospitals. He has published in peer-reviewed journals and presented at international conferences. He also recently co-authored a book chapter on kidney cancer surgery. He supports national charities in Urology Cancer, through presentations and sporting challenges.
In addition, he is a clinical lead for the introduction of a new IT healthcare system to East Kent NHS Trust, which is revolutionising the safe management of patient care through electronic systems.
Milan is committed to offering an honest opinion and will endeavour to provide the most evidence-based treatment options.
He welcomes patient feedback, which is readily available on online platforms for patients to review.
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Men’s Health Clinic
- Endoscopic bladder inspection – cystoscopy
- Male and Female urinary symptoms including incontinence/retention of urine
- Erectile dysfunction
- Transurethral resection of prostate (TURP)
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumour (TURBT)
- Urethral Stricture incision and dilatation
- Prostate Biopsy
- Testicular Cancer surgery
- Epididymal Cyst excision
- Hydrocele repair
- Kidney Surgery – Robotic – Cancer and Reconstructive
- Cancer diagnostics
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England 2013
- General Medical Council – Specialist Register Urology 2014
- European Association of Urology
- British Association of Urology
- British Medical Association