He has extensive experience in both keyhole and open operations for groin hernias and other abdominal wall defects including complex abdominal wall reconstruction.
He has considerable experience in gallbladder surgery in adults and children in elective and emergency settings. He offers minimally invasive techniques and traditional surgery for varicose veins with a patient centred approach. He also specialises in paediatric general surgery within the NHS and the BMI.
He graduated with honours from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Hospitals in 1999, rotated through the London Teaching hospitals and underwent fellowship training at the Royal London. He was the research fellow at the Clinical Effectiveness Unit of the Royal College of Surgeons of England prior to completing his higher surgical training in the Oxford Deanery.
For the NHS in Buckinghamshire, he is the Lead Clinician for General Surgery including Paediatric Surgery, Chair of the Clinical Senate and Chair of the Hospital Medical Advisory Committee.
He is one of the leading surgical educators in the Trust responsible for Oxford & Buckingham Medical Students and is Associate Professor of Surgery for St George’s University. He sits on the Surgical Teaching and Appraisal Committee for Oxford Surgical Trainees.
- Hernias – groin, belly button, abdominal wall reconstruction
- GallBladder keyhole surgery
- Varicose veins – including sclerotherapy and radiofrequency ablation
- General Lumps and Bumps
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Anal Fissures
- Pilonidal Sinus
- Childhood hernias, hydrocoele, circumcision, other general surgery for children including emergencies
- Other abdominal including emergencies
- British Hernia Society
- Vascular Surgical Society
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- British Medical Association – Local Representative for Bucks
- Acute Surgery Forum of the Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Bucks Healthcare NHS Trust
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)