Dr Ramesh de Silva
MB ChB MD FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Manor Hospital
Further training in coronary intervention and coronary CT angiography was obtained at the Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, USA. He was appointed as a Consultant Cardiologist with a speciality interest in Interventional Cardiology at Bedford and Papworth Hospitals in 2010. He has contributed to the development of a successful service delivering angioplasty and stenting at Bedford Hospital, and performs emergency angioplasty on patients presenting with heart attacks at Papworth hospital in Cambridge.
He is also involved in interventional cardiology research at Papworth Hospital, and has published a number of articles in peer reviewed journals and presented abstracts at various national and international cardiology conferences. Percutaneous coronary interventional procedures performed by Dr de Silva include coronary angioplasty with stenting, assessment of narrowings in the coronary arteries with intra-coronary imaging such as intra-vascular ultra-sound (IVUS) and optical coherence tomography (OCT) and the use of pressure wires.
- Chest pain due to angina or heart attacks
- Shortness of breath from heart failure, abnormal heart rhythms, valve disease or angina
- Palpitations, dizziness or blackouts due to rapid, irregular or slow heart rates
- Diseases of the heart valves presenting with murmurs
- High blood pressure
- Interventional Cardiology including coronary angioplasty with stenting and intravascular imaging
- Diagnostic coronary angiography
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (RCP)
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- General Medical Council (GMC)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)