Dr Rim El-Rifai
MD, MS, MRCPI, FRCPCH, DPMSA, FIHM
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
Dr El-Rifai Graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Damascus University, in 1985, and she trained in Paediatrics at Aleppo University Hospital, before she came to the UK and completed her training. In the UK she trained at Birmingham Children’s Hospital, St. Thomas’ Hospital, Guy’s Hospital, King’s College Hospital, University Hospital Lewisham, Mayday Hospital, Queen Mary’s Hospital for Children and St Peter’s Hospital.
She has been a Consultant Paediatrician in the NHS since 2003, and she currently works at the Evelina London Children’s Hospital.
Her special interests are in General Paediatrics, Paediatric Nephrology and Paediatric bladder disorders.
Dr El-Rifai is an experienced healthcare leader, and has held several clinical leadership positions within several NHS hospitals over the past 9 years.
She is also an examiner for the Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health. In addition, she has a special interest in Medical and Research Ethics, and she holds a Diploma in the Philosophy of Medicine and Medical Ethics from The Worshipful Society of Apothecaries, London.
- All General Paediatric health problems.
- The management of children’s urinary tract infections
- The management of incontinence and nocturnal enuresis (wetting) in children
- The management of congenital kidney abnormalities
- The medical management of vesicouretric reflux and other general childhood kidney problems.
- Well child health surveillance.
- Childhood vaccinations
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- International Children’s Continence Society
- International Continence Society
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association
- The British Association of Paediatric Nephrology
- Societe Internationale d’Urologie
- European Association of Urology
- Institute of Healthcare Management
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Association
- Medical Women’s Federation
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)