Dr Robert Lowe
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
Practices at: BMI Bath Clinic
Dr Robert Lowe is a senior consultant Interventional Cardiologist at BMI Bath Clinic and the Royal United Hospital in Bath. He specialises in advanced interventional techniques having done over 4000 angioplasties. He initiated the interventional service at the Royal United Hospital in 2006 and has been part of the regional heart attack service at the Bristol Heart Institute for 10 years.
Robert provides cardiology assessment and treatment of conditions such as:
- Chest pain, breathlessness and angina
- Palpitations, irregular heart rhythms including atrial fibrillation
- Cardiological causes of blackouts and light-headedness (syncope/pre-syncope)
- Heart failure and related symptoms e.g. ankle swelling and shortness of breath
- High blood pressure
- Heart valve abnormalities and heart murmurs
He performs a full range of diagnostic tests including ECGs, 24-hour and seven-day heart monitoring (Holter), exercise tolerance testing and echocardiography.
He is a nationally recognised angioplasty operator performing the complete spectrum of complex modern procedures including all CTO (chronic total occlusions) techniques, rotablation and laser therapy.
He has been implanting pacemakers for 20 years, initially at the Cardiothoracic Centre in Liverpool and currently at the Royal United Hospital.
- Angioplasty and stenting, including advanced techniques
- Pacemaker implantation
- Management of angina/coronary artery disease
- Hypertension, atrial fibrillation and valvular heart disease
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Interventional Society
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant international cardiologist at Bristol Heart Institute
- Consultant Interventional Cardiologist at the RUH
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)