Dr Shafeek has been Clinical Director for Haematology & Oncology at Worcestershire Acute NHS Trust since 2009. As the senior Haematologist this puts him in charge of Clinical Haematology for the Worcestershire County and places him lead in the Haematology consultant team.
Dr Shafeek is Senior Lecturer in Haematology at the University of Birmingham and has been since 2005 and this links him closely to cancer studies and research activities into Myeloma, Lymphoma, Leukaemia and Myeloproliferative disorder.
He has been a member of Worcestershire Oncology Project team since 2010 and was actively involved in the restructuring of the cancer network in Worcestershire.
Dr Shafeek is the current lead for countywide anticoagulation and set up the secondary care new anticoagulation service and DVT clinics. He is also the deputy chair for the trust wide thrombosis committee and is actively involved in the Thromboprophylaxis program and risk assessment for the acute trust and community hospitals for Worcestershire PCT.
Dr Shafeek’s special interest is in Myeloma and Lymphoma, he is the principal investigator for all the National Clinical Trials in Worcestershire Acute NHS Trust. This includes AML17, AML16, Myeloma XI, Myeloma IX, RATHL, Pacifico and PASS studies.
- All General Hematology including Haemato-Oncology, Thrombosis-Haemostasis & Red Cell Disorders.
- Specialist interest in Myeloma & Lymphoma. Lymphomas of all grades and type.
- Acute and Chronic Leukaemias, special interest in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia Treatment and investigations in Thrombotic disorders especially Thrombophilic disorders.
- Investigations management of Anaemias of different nature, Myeloproliferative disorders and Myelodysplastic syndromes including novel treatment options.
- Member of British and American Society of Haematology.
- Fellow of Royal College of physicians, London & Edinburgh.
- Fellow of Royal College of Pathology, London.
- Member of UK Myeloma Forum
- Member of UK CLL Forum
- Member of UK Thromboprophylaxis Forum
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)