Sanjay is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon with a clinical practice exclusively devoted to knee surgery. His NHS practice is based at Stepping Hill Hospital, Stockport and he consults privately at the Alexandra BMI Hospital, Cheadle.
His practice covers all aspects of knee surgery, from sports injuries to arthritis of the knee. He commonly performs arthroscopic (keyhole) surgery, cruciate ligament reconstruction and both total and partial knee replacements. His specialist areas of interest include cruciate ligament injuries and other sports-related trauma including cartilage injuries.
Throughout his career, Sanjay has regularly been involved in Research and Audit and has completed his MSc in Orthopaedic Engineering at the University of Cardiff. He has presented his research in publications and at national and international meetings.
Sanjay has a particular interest in teaching and training and is faculty on a number of local and national courses aimed at developing orthopaedic skills of trainee orthopaedic surgeons, general practitioners and physiotherapists. He also runs the popular ‘Orthopaedics Made Easy’ course – a one-day course for general practitioners, officiated by the Royal College of General Practitioners.
He is a Honorary Senior Lecturer in the Department of Health, Sport and Rehabilitation at Salford University and also a Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Manchester.
His practice covers all aspects of knee surgery including:
- Keyhole (arthroscopic) surgery
- ACL Surgery and Revision ACL Surgery
- Cruciate and collateral ligament injuries
- Cartilage and meniscal regeneration/replacement
- Kneecap problems (pain and instability)
- Osteotomy (realignment) of the knee joint
- Total and partial knee replacement (including robotic TKR)
- Revision knee replacement
- Knee injections
- Complex knee problems and second opinions
- British Association of Knee Surgeons
- British Patellofemoral Society