Mr Sat Jalpota
Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon
MBBS. DO (Dublin), FRCS (Edinburgh), Cert LRS (London)
Practices at: BMI Three Shires Hospital
He moved to Northampton in 2012 to start work as a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Northampton General Hospital and three years later in 2015 set up an additional practice at BMI Three Shires where he currently holds a weekly clinic for private patients.
Mr Jalpota spent some months completing specialist work and training at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, as a result of which he is one of the few Consultant Ophthalmologists in this country who has a qualification in Laser Refractive surgery.
He has also worked with well-known Prof K. Ossoinig at The university of Iowa (USA) where he learnt different techniques for examining ocular lumps with Ultrasound to support with the diagnosis of eye tumours.
In addition to his consultancy work Mr Jalpota has been involved in delivering guest lectures to other Ophthalmologist both at National and International level.
Mr Jalpota is available to see private self-pay and insured patients and appointments can be booked online or by calling the hospital directly on 01604 620311.
- Cataract surgery
- Monofocal, multifocal and toric lenses
- General Ophthalmology
- Eye Emergency
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Ocular Lumps, bumps and lid cysts
- Eyelid surgery: Entropion, ectropion and blephroplasty
- Diabetic Eye Disease including Macular Oedema
- Macular Degeneration
- Intravitreal injections for diabetics and macular degeneration
- Ultrasound (A & B scan) for eyes
- Excimer Laser Vision Correction to remove glasses
- YAG laser
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- The Royal College of Ophthalmologists London (RCOphth)
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- United Kingdom and Ireland Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS)
- British Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- British Medical Association (BMA)
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Ophthalmologist at Northampton General Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)