He undertook advanced training in sinus and nasal surgery in South Africa, America, Germany and Switzerland, and then spent a year on an advanced rhinology fellowship with world renowned surgeons at Queens Medical Centre, Nottingham before he was appointed as Consultant ENT and Skull Base Surgeon at Birmingham’s Queen Elizabeth Hospital NHS Trust in 2010.
As one of the UK’s leading rhinologists he specialises in all aspects of advanced sinus surgery and nasal surgery for both function and cosmetic including rhinoplasty, septorhinoplasty and revision surgery. Mr Ahmed sees many patients with nasal and sinus symptoms who do not need surgery and runs a nasal allergy service offering desensitisation in selected patients.
Mr Ahmed has attended numerous courses and conferences on facial plastics, rhinology, anterior skull base and sinus surgery and General ENT surgery. He has given many lectures and presentations regionally and nationally and has published numerous articles on various subjects of otolaryngology, as well as over one hundred reviews of the journal “Laryngoscope” for “ENT news”. He is a member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and is also on the specialist register of the General Medical Council.
All aspects of endoscopic sinus surgery including:
- Frontal sinus surgery and image guided revision surgery for sinusitis
- Balloon Sinuplasty, which is a new treatment for sinusitis
- Nasal polyps and nasal tumours including inverted papilloma
- Endoscopic watery eye surgery (endonasal DCR)
- Endoscopic skull base surgery for tumours including pituitary tumours and CSF leaks
- Nasal allergy, allergy testing and desensitisation
- Image Guided Sinus surgery
- Pituitary surgery
- ENT UK
- British Association of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- British Rhinological Society
- European Rhinological Society
- Otorhinolaryngology Research Society
- Midlands Institute for Otology
- Royal Society of Medicine
- British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)