He undertook his medical school training at the prestigious St Bartholomew’s and Royal London Medical School in London and graduated in 2000. During this time he was awarded various distinctions and prizes in recognition of his academic achievements. This success has continued with Dr Chatu completing his five-year specialist training programme in Gastroenterology & General Medicine within the highly competitive London Deanery, gaining experience at a variety of London Hospitals. In addition Dr Chatu has enhanced his clinical experience by working overseas in Brisbane, Australia for a year.
In addition to his specialist training Dr Chatu has completed a three year full- time higher research degree earning him the highly respected qualification of M.D. Research with the University of London. His research has been published in numerous articles in high quality peer-reviewed international journals and was also awarded a Medical Research Council grant. Dr Chatu is also the author of a successful textbook (Hands on Guide to Clinical Pharmacology). Dr Chatu was delighted and honoured to present his work on the management of gastrointestinal cancer at The Houses of Parliament.
Dr Chatu is a down-to-earth and friendly professional who will listen to you and expertly guide you through your diagnostic and treatment options to determine a bespoke plan tailored to your individual needs.
- Advanced Endoscopy: Diagnostic and therapeutic Gastroscopy and Colonoscopy; Video capsule endoscopy; Bravo pH study; Oesophageal Manometry, PH and Impedance testing
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease (Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis), Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS); Functional bowel disease;
- Complex and simple gastroesophageal reflux disease; Swallowing problems; Achalasia, Barrett’s oesophagus; Nausea; Vomiting, Dyspepsia; Indigestion, Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
- Clinical Nutrition and Food intolerances
- Rectal bleeding; Change in or altered bowel habit; Abdominal pain; Diarrhoea; Constipation; Bloating; Weight loss; Anaemia; Iron deficiency; Diverticular disease.
- Diagnosis and screening or surveillance of gastrointestinal cancers: Oesophageal cancer, Stomach cancer, Pancreatic cancer, Liver cancer, Bowel cancer.
- Liver disease; Abnormal liver function tests (LFTs), Alcoholic liver disease, Viral hepatitis, Abnormal liver imaging, Fatty liver.
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterological Association
- British Medical Association
- The Royal College of Physicians
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)