Dr Thirumaran Rajathurai
Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
BMedSci(Hons), BM BS, MD, MRCP(Lon)
Practices at: BMI The Meriden Hospital
He qualified from the University of Nottingham where he also obtained a Bachelor of Medical Sciences degree with Honours. Following general medical training he undertook specialist cardiology training in south-west England. He was then awarded a Senior Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at the University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, where he developed his interest and skills in complex coronary intervention. He completed a British Heart Foundation Research Project at the Bristol Heart Institute, and was awarded an MD for this work. He has authored several research papers and has presented at national and international meetings. Dr Raj’s busy work life is balanced by playing sport and spending time with his young family.
- Treatment of angina and myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Heart valve disease
- Angioplasty and stenting
- Complex coronary intervention (including the treatment of chronic total occlusions)
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
- Permanent Pacemaker Implantation
- Royal College of Physicians, London
- British Cardiovascular Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)