Mr Patel is a Consultant Ophthalmologist. He is a specialist corneal transplant and cataract surgeon. He performs all forms of corneal transplant surgery including advanced lamellar transplantation. He is also a highly skilled cataract surgeon and is frequently referred complex cases to manage by his fellow colleagues.
He has extensive knowledge of optics and intraocular lens implants. He regularly performs cataract surgery combined with the use of premium intraocular lenses such as toric and multifocal implants that allow complete spectacle and contact lens independence.
He completed his early ophthalmology training at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield before continuing higher surgical training at Moorfields eye hospital and later Imperial Hospitals, London. He has undergone intensive sub-specialist training in cornea and external eye diseases during his twelve-month fellowship at The Western Eye Hospital in Marylebone, London.
Mr Patel has an interest in all aspects of general ophthalmology. His areas of sub-specialist expertise cover:
- Diseases related to the cornea, conjunctiva and lens
- All aspects of ophthalmic surgery related to the front of the eye
- All forms of corneal transplantation
- All forms of lens based surgery including refractive lens / cataract surgery
- Fellow of The Royal College of Ophthalmologists
- Member of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons