Mr Veluppillai Vathanan
Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician
MBBS, MS, FRCOG, DFSRH, PG Dip US Scan
Practices at: BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
In addition to general Obstetrics and Gynaecology training, he underwent advanced training in Laparoscopic surgery (key hole), emergency gynaecology and early pregnancy at Queen Charlotte’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare, London, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London and Northwick Park Hospital. He continued his advanced training in minimal access surgery and endometriosis as a post CCT fellow at The Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and its Endometriosis centre, London. He was awarded Post Graduate diploma in Medical Ultrasound with Merit from King’s College London. He was appointed as Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist at Wexham Park and Heatherwood Hospitals (Frimley Health NHS) in 2012. He is the Lead for Early pregnancy services at the hospital and undergraduate lead for Southampton O&G students. His research interests include early pregnancy, ultrasound scan and minimal access surgery. He published several articles in peer reviewed journals.
Mr Vathanan has earned excellent experience in managing complex cases with minimal intervention and best outcomes. He has extensive experience in all benign Gynaecology conditions including menstrual disorders, endometriosis, chronic pelvic pain, fibroid, ovarian cysts and utero vaginal prolapse. He has particular interest in minimal access surgery, endometriosis, reproductive surgery and early pregnancy complications including recurrent miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy. Through his advanced training, he aims to perform most of the surgeries via key hole (including hysterectomy, ovarian cyst removal, fibroid removal, ectopic pregnancy and endometriosis) providing advanced surgical technique and best surgical outcome for his patients with minimal abdominal (tummy) scar, usually 3 small (5-10mm) scars to provide best cosmetic and surgical outcome for his patients.
Mr Vathanan believes in holistic approach in patient care and his priority is patient safety, minimal intervention and patient involvement in decision making.
- Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery (Key hole)
- Early pregnancy complications including recurrent miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy
- Endometriosis and chronic pelvic pain
- Heavy periods and menstrual disorders
- Fibroids, Ovarian cysts, Pelvic pain, Uterine prolapse
- Gynaecology and early pregnancy Ultrasound scan
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Wexham Park Hospital
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (FRCOG)
- Member of the British Society for Gynaecological Endoscopy (BSGE)
- Diplomate of the Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare (DFSRH)
- Member of European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE)
- Member of International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)