Mr Yajati Ghosh is a Consultant in Ophthalmic Surgery in Birmingham and provides general ophthalmology and oculoplastic services in the hospital and the community. He studied medicine at Calcutta University and completed his basic ophthalmology training at Calcutta National Medical College and Hospital.
Yajati then moved to the UK and completed his ophthalmic house jobs in the North of England rotations. Specialist Registrar training, with sub-speciality training in oculoplastic surgery, was completed at the West Midlands Deanery. During his career, Mr Ghosh has gained comprehensive training and experience in all areas of ophthalmology, with a particular emphasis on oculoplastic surgery and trauma management as a post CCT Fellow in oculoplastics at Manchester.
Yajati has also trained in endoscopic dacro cysto rhinostomy (DCR) surgery for the treatment of watery eyes. He has performed over 4,000 cataract surgeries and more than 1,500 lid procedures during his career.
Mr Ghosh consults on all general ophthalmological problems in adults and also has the following areas of specialist interest:
- Small incision Cataract surgery
- Various lid problems including cysts and blepharoplasty
- Entropion, Ectropion, Ptosis correctionPeriocular skin cancer
- Watery eyes
- Periocular Moh’s micrographic surgery reconstruction
- Facial nerve palsy management
- Lacrimal disorders
- Glaucoma management
- Lasers YAG & Argon
- British Oculoplastics Society
- American Association of Ophthalmologists
- Oxford Ophthalmological Congress
- Midland Ophthalmic Society