If you live in Aberdeen, Angus or Moray, you will have access to our Private Dietitians at BMI Albyn Hospital.
Dieticians support clients to promote better health, reduce risk of chronic diseases and help to manage existing medical conditions better through diet and lifestyle. Reasons you may want to see a private dietitian:
- Patients with digestive problems, diagnosed irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Diagnosed with medical condition such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, and coeliac disease
- Weight loss and weight loss maintenance
- Dietary support as part of weight loss surgical team
- Clients with oral, enteral or parenteral nutrition requirements
- Nutritional management of both men’s and women’s health issues
- Food allergies and intolerances
Private Dietetics Service in Aberdeen
We can offer a private Gastrointestinal service for diagnosis of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
The service is run by registered dieticians. Accessing this service can be by self-referral, GP or consultant referral. If claiming sessions via health insurance, referral is usually via your GP or consultant.
The length of a typical treatment pathway is dependent on individual patient’s needs, however, guidance may be:
- Non-surgical weight management - usually nine sessions in first year
- IBS using low FODMAPS - plan may be three sessions
- Weight management as part of a weight loss surgery package - includes six sessions over one year plus recommendation of two additional sessions in year two
- Chronic disease management e.g. diabetes, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease 2-3 sessions
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.