At BMI The London Independent Hospital, we offer private Sports and Orthopaedic Injury Services to patients based in Enfield, Highgate and Bromley.
Private Sports and Orthopaedic Injury Services in East London
If you are athletic or just like to keep fit, a sports injury may severely affect your lifestyle. Whether you are a professional sports person, or an exercise enthusiast (of any age) with an acute or chronic injury, our team at The London Independent Hospital understand your goal is to return to fitness as soon as possible.
Why choose us for sport and exercise medicine?
A group of experienced trauma and orthopaedic consultants who also work at the prestigious NHS Royal London Hospital lead our service.
Private Sports and Orthopaedic Injury Consultants in East London
They passionately believe in a multidisciplinary team (MDT) approach to delivering care, made possible by the wide range of services at The London Independent hospital – such as our Imaging & Diagnostics department and our team of Chartered Physiotherapists.
The extended network of consultants at the hospital brings the MDT to life, so that the right specialist can help diagnose and treat you as quickly as possible.
Our fast triage process means you will be seen by a Consultant quickly, and if you need more specialist help, we can book you an appointment with an orthopaedic, radiology, ENT, cardiology or oral & maxillofacial consultant.
We already work with elite and professional athletes, and have treated ‘social’ sportsmen and women in the local area for many years.
Our sports and exercise medicine team can diagnose and treat:
- New fractures (broken bones) or symptoms from chronic injuries
- Rotator cuff tears
- Joint dislocations including the shoulder
- Impact trauma injuries
- Muscle tears
- Tendon and ligament injuries
- Overuse injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Knee, ankle and foot pain
- Golfer’s elbow
- Tennis elbow
- Heel pain (plantar fasciitis)
- Achilles tendonitis
- Runner’s knee
- Sports orthopaedic injuries to the hip
- What can you expect
What can you expect
- Quick access to a team of orthopaedic surgeons specialising in sports injuries
- Rapid access to diagnostic tests including MRI, ultrasound and x-ray
- Gym equipment to facilitate rehabilitation
- Convenient opening hours – same or next day appointments often available
- Clear pricing, offering peace of mind for those patients without private medical insurance
- Tailored treatment plans
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.