At BMI The Ridgeway Hospital we offer a Consultant led Rapid Diagnostic Breast Clinic that aims to provide rapid investigation and guides patients from diagnosis through to treatment, including a complete package of care tailored to each patient's individual needs. Where possible, all necessary tests will be carried out in one hospital visit to enable your Consultant to reach a diagnosis and to discuss with you any treatment that may be required.
Do I need a GP referral?
A referral from a GP or a NHS breast centre is necessary if you have private medical insurance, to ensure that all costs are covered.
If you are using our self-pay option, the referral is not required but it is always recommended that you see your GP before beginning any treatment.
Our Breast Care Team are a professional multi-disciplinary group, consisting of Consultant specialists and dedicated breast care nurses, working closely together to guide and support our patients.
Our team provide a personal approach within a modern, well equipped facility ensuring you receive prompt attention and continuity of care.
What does this service include?
You will have up to 30 minutes consultation with a Consultant Breast Surgeon. The Consultant may recommend further investigations and where possible these will be carried out on the same day. We have a team of breast care nurses who will be able to support the service where required. This might include:
- Core Biopsy
What are the benefits of this service?
- We provide rapid access to imaging equipment, including full field digital mammography, high definition ultrasound and MRI
- All Breast Imaging is performed and reported on by a Specialist Breast Consultant Radiologist
- Continuity of care from a dedicated specialist team who bring a personal approach to your care and investigation
- Imaging results are available the same day and biopsy results within 5 days
- Urgent consultations are available upon the discovery of a new breast symptom such as a lump.
We welcome patients from all major insurers. You should always contact your insurer prior to your appointment to ensure you are covered by your policy.
Package prices start from £395 for patients paying for themselves. Please be aware some additional charges may still apply.
For more information on our Rapid Diagnostic Breast Clinic, please contact the team at BMI The Ridgeway Hospital on 01793 814848 or make an online enquiry here.