Physiotherapy at Runnymede Hospital offers you a personalised service with an initial assessment of your condition, allowing treatment techniques to be tailored to your goals and objectives. All of our physiotherapists are registered with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council) and CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) and work closely as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team within our hospital. This allows patients to benefit from prompt referrals with rapid access to imaging technology to accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathways.
At Runnymede Hospital we offer the following services:
- Electrotherapy - is the use of electrical energy to manage pain, rehabilitate muscles and increase the range of motion.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day to day activities that you enjoy.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Rehabilitation service - aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
The Runnymede Hospital physiotherapy department is comprised of four rooms, a gym and an additional private room, allowing privacy when this is required.
The purpose-built physio-gym at The Runnymede Hospital allows our physiotherapists to work with you to provide expert advice, developing exercise programmes to meet your specific needs. Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
Our gym includes:
Specialist rehabilitation equipment, such as:
- Wobble cushions
- Bosu ball
- Strengthening band
- Parallel Bars
- Monday to Thursday: 8:00am – 8:00pm
You can find out more about the physiotherapy team here.
Physiotherapy may be covered by your private medical insurance, please ensure you check your cover thoroughly prior to booking an appointment. Alternatively, you can Self Pay with cash, debit or credit card.
COVID-19 Remote Consultations Update - 7/6/20
Our physiotherapy services remain open for business, and we continue to accept new referrals - you do not need to have seen your GP or a Consultant to refer yourself for Physiotherapy.
However, the safety of patients and our staff is of paramount importance to us, so we continue to operate a ‘Virtual first’ approach, as recommended by the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP).
For full details on how BMI is keeping its Physiotherapy patients safe
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment