Hand and wrist splinting
Our specialist team of hand therapists are highly trained to make custom-made splints for many hand and wrist conditions.
Our specialist team of hand therapists are trained to the highest level to make custom made splints for many hand conditions.
Splints can be used for many reasons. Here are some examples of when you may need a splint designed and fitted for you:
- To provide rest and support for healing tissues following injury or surgery
- To support painful joints
- To improve the movement in your hand, wrist or arm
- To help you use your hand, wrist or arm for function
If your hand, wrist or arm requires a splint you may be provided with any one of the following materials which are chosen to match your particular needs.
- Thermoplastic – this is a mouldable plastic which is cut to size and shape which becomes rigid after moulding to give a unique fit
- Plaster of Paris
Specialists Offering Hand and wrist splinting
Mr Justin Chatterjee
Consultant Plastic, Reconstructive Breast & Cosmetic Surgeon
MBChB(Glasg), MRCS(Glasg), MRCSEd, MSc, EBOPRAS, FRCSEd(Plast), FRCSGlasg(Plast), EurDipHandSurg(FESSH), DipHandSurg(BSSH),
BMI Albyn Hospital 2 more BMI Kings Park Hospital BMI Ross Hall Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)