Mako® robotic-arm assisted knee surgery
The advanced Mako® robotic-arm assisted system allows our specially trained surgeons to carry out knee replacement surgery with improved accuracy.
What is Mako® robotic-arm assisted knee surgery?
Need a new knee? The Mako® robotic-arm assisted surgical system could be the solution you are looking for.
The advanced surgical system allows our specially trained surgeons to carry out knee replacement with improved accuracy.
This could mean less pain, a faster recovery and a more natural-feeling knee.1
Why choose BMI Healthcare for robotic-arm assisted surgery?
Choosing to have robotic-arm assisted knee surgery with BMI Healthcare means:
- You could arrange to see a consultant at one of our Mako® hospitals within 48 hours
- Fast access to private treatment; whether you have medical insurance or are paying for yourself
- Our flexible payment options could help you spread the cost if you are paying for yourself
- Dedicated clinical care before, during and after your procedure
How does Mako® differ from existing methods?
Knee replacement surgery involves removing part, or all, of a damaged knee joint and replacing it with a prosthesis.
The Mako® system helps our skilled consultants create a bespoke plan tailored to your individual anatomy.
Mako® aids our surgeons throughout the procedure, allowing even greater accuracy, less pain and enhanced recovery times.
More information on both the science and the benefits of robotic-arm assisted knee surgery can be found on your local hospital page (see below).
Where can I have robotic-arm assisted surgery?
Mako® robotic-arm assisted knee surgery is currently available at:
- BMI The Albyn Hospital 21-24 Albyn Place, Aberdeen.
- BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital Osborne Road, Windsor.
- BMI Woodlands Hospital Morton Park, Darlington.
Specialists Offering Knee replacement surgery with the Mako® robotic-arm assisted system
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)