A graduate from the University of Glasgow in 1995, Mr Shearer embarked on postgraduate General Surgical training in the West of Scotland. A period of clinical research led to him obtaining a Medical Doctorate from the University of Glasgow in 2004 for his work on Barrett's oesophagus. His research has led to various national and international presentations and publications and in 2008 he was nominated for a World Scientist Forum International Award.
He obtained a travelling fellowship in 2005 to the University of Pennsylvania, USA, specialising in weight loss surgery before spending 18 months at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia as a Surgical Fellow and University Lecturer before returning to Scotland.
Mr Shearer performs all aspects of general surgery including minor ops, hernia surgery (open and laparoscopic), endoscopy and colonoscopy. He performs surgery for cancer of the oesophagus and stomach. His laparoscopic interests include gallbladder surgery, anti-reflux surgery (fundoplication) and weight loss surgery (gastric banding).
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gall bladder surgery)
- Hernia surgery (laparoscopic and open)
- General surgery and minor operations
- Endoscopy and colonoscopy
- Cancer of the oesophagus and stomach
- Laparoscopic anti-reflux surgery - fundoplication
- Laparoscopic weight-loss surgery - gastric banding and sleeve gastrectomy
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgical Society
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)