Miss Cynthia-Michelle Borg
Consultant Upper Gastrointestinal & Bariatric Surgeon
MD (Malta), MD (London), FRCS Edinburgh (Gen Surg)
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
She completed a research degree (MD University of London) at the department of surgery at King’s College Hospital and at the department of metabolic medicine, Hammersmith Hospital, London. Miss Borg completed her specialist surgical training in upper GI, general and bariatric surgery in London (Royal London Hospital, University College Hospital, Whittington Hospital) and North-East Thames region.
She completed a laparoscopic and bariatric surgical fellowship at University College Hospital, London. In 2012, she was appointed as a Consultant Surgeon at University Hospital Lewisham.
Her specialist clinical and research interests are bariatric (weight loss) and metabolic surgery. She also has a keen interest in laparoscopic (keyhole) abdominal surgery, in particular the management of gallstone disease and gastro-oesophageal reflux.
Miss Borg has published in peer reviewed journals and presented in national and international meetings. She is a reviewer for several international journals and the associate editor for the Journal of the International Bariatric Club.
- Laparoscopic surgery
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Gastro-oesophageal reflux and upper GI surgery and endoscopy
- Bariatric (weight loss) and metabolic surgery
- Biliary surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society
- International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders
- Association of Upper Gastro-Intestinal Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- International Bariatric Club American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)