Prior to that he was visiting fellow in breast surgery at the Edinburgh Breast Unit and before that he was a surgical trainee in Glasgow (where he undertook an MD thesis in aspects of breast conserving surgery for breast cancer). He qualified in medicine at the University of Glasgow in 1988.
He is recognised as a leading expert in all types of breast surgery, being a frequently invited speaker, operation demonstrator and faculty member at many national and international breast meetings and courses. He is a national trainer in oncoplastic breast surgery and a Royal College of Surgeons and European School of Oncology demonstrator and lecturer.
He has published over 60 articles and more than 10 book chapters in breast related topics and leads a team of researchers in oncoplastic breast surgery. He is co-president of the International Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery Conference.
He has a large well organised NHS and private practice dedicated entirely to breast surgery that is serviced by excellent breast care nurses, and a specialist team of expert breast radiologists, pathologists and oncologists.
He works in and discusses cases with a multidisciplinary team and closely liaises with specialist colleagues. He offers a one-stop diagnostic clinic for breast problems and a comprehensive planning clinic for all types of breast surgery. He is always happy to give second opinions and expert advice. A tailored screening service is provided as well as personalised follow up and after care following breast surgery and breast cancer treatment.
All breast surgery including:
- Breast cancer diagnosis
- Breast cancer management
- Breast conserving surgery
- Breast cancer treatment planning
- Prognosis estimation
- Breast reconstruction
- Expert in implant and LD flap reconstruction
- One-stage implant reconstruction
- Sentinel node biopsy
- Cosmetic breast surgery
- Expert in breast augmentation (enlargement)
- Expert in breast reduction
- Fat transfer and breast lipomodelling
- Breast lift
- Oncoplastic breast surgery
- Expert in mammaplasty and local flap breast surgery
- Nipple reconstruction and tattooing
- Risk reducing breast surgery
- Re-do breast surgery
- Locally advanced breast cancer
- Hormone therapy
- Benign breast problems
- Breast infections
- Family history and breast risk assessment
- Breast pain
- Nipple discharge
- Nipple eversion
- Breast asymmetry
- Male breast problems and gynaecomastia
- Expert opinions on breast related problems
- Medicolegal reports on breast related issues
- British Association of Breast Surgeons
- British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons
- British Breast Group
- British Association of Surgical Oncology
- European Association of Surgical Oncology
- NICE Clinical Standards in Breast Cancer Committee
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)