Prof Jim McCaul
Consultant Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon
PhD, FRCS(OMFS), FIBCSOMS, FRCS(Glasg), FRCS(Edin), FDSRCPS, MBChB(Hons), BDS(Hons)
Practices at: BMI Ross Hall Hospital
He was Consultant Surgeon in Yorkshire for eight years from 2006 and then in London at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Northwick Park Hospital before moving to Scotland in 2017. He is Professor Emeritus at the University of Bradford Institute for Cancer Therapeutics.
He has among 13 National and International Awards to date he was awarded British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (BAOMS) President’s award for research optimising major surgery in 2012 and the BAOMS Surgery Prize 2014 in recognition of his international contribution. His team won the BAOMS Norman Rowe Clinical Research Prize in 2014.
He is Chief Investigator of the CRUK LIHNCS trial and the LISTER trial, recruiting 419 patients, an international first for a mouth cancer surgical trial. His research is in minimising impact and optimising outcomes from head & neck cancer surgery and effectively treating after-effects such as osteoradionecrosis. He is co-investigator in eight clinical trials in the UK and collaborates with researchers internationally.
He is Assistant Editor of the International Journal of Surgery and IJS Case Reports and was Associate Editor of British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery until 2014. He reviews for 14 other international medical research journals and is author of five book chapters, 64 research papers and over 140 research abstracts. His first book for the open market, “Face to Face” was published by in 2018 by Transworld (Penguin).
In his private practice Professor McCaul has a holistic approach to patients requiring all aspects of facial surgery including removal of facial lesions, skin cancer surgery, facial plastic surgery, salivary gland surgery and dentoalveolar surgery (e.g. wisdom tooth removal).
- Facial skin cancer
- Skin lesions
- Facial plastic surgery
- Eyelid surgery
- Non-surgical cosmetic treatments
- Disorders of the face, mouth, jaws, head and neck and salivary glands
- Dentoalveolar surgery including wisdom teeth removal
- Fellow British Association of Head and Neck Oncologists
- Fellow British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Member European Association of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Fellow Association of Facial Plastic Surgeons
- Fellow Royal Society of Medicine
- Fellow International Association of Oral Oncology
- Fellow European Association of Craniomaxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow International Board of Certification of Specialists in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow
Professor Emeritus, Institute for Cancer Therapeutics, University of Bradford
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)