Mr Lognathen Balacumaraswami
Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon
MBBS, MD, FRCSEd, FRCS(CTh)
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
He is a Consultant Cardiothoracic Surgeon at the University Hospital of North Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent since 2009 where he successfully developed beating heart surgery and minimally invasive heart surgery services. He has established complex aortic surgery services and performs valve sparing aortic root replacement and aortic valve repair and replacement procedures.
His areas of expertise include:
- Minimally Invasive Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (using Keyhole instruments to perform heart surgery)
- Beating Heart bypass surgery using all arterial grafts without using a heart-lung machine (Off-pump coronary bypass surgery with Total arterial revascularisation)
These advanced operative techniques are technically demanding but provide superior and more durable long term results for patients.
Repairing and reconstructing diseased heart valves to restore the form and function of the patient’s own valve without resorting to artificial valve replacements where appropriate. Repaired heart valves offer better clinical outcomes.
Surgery for thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections.
- Minimally Invasive heart surgery using advanced key hole instruments through a small incision
- Beating heart coronary artery bypass surgery without using a heart-lung machine (Off-pump bypass surgery)
- Coronary bypass surgery using all arterial grafts (Total Arterial Revascularisation)
- Heart valve repair
- Heart valve replacement surgery
- Aortic surgery
- Complex heart surgery for Endocarditis
- Hybrid Coronary revascularisation
- Hybrid Approaches for treatment of Aortic Diseases
- Society of Cardiothoracic Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- International Society for Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Network
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)