At BMI Syon Clinic we offer specialist health assessment doctor or nurse to discuss your personal health concerns. After your health assessment you will receive advice based on your personalised consultation and results. This will include recommendations on the lifestyle changes you can make to improve your health and wellbeing. If needed, you will have quick access to further diagnostic tests and treatment, through our wider network of hospitals and specialists.
We offer 3 levels of Health Assessment for you to choose from to ensure it covers all medical concerns you may have:
We also have a wide range of additional tests available. Please discuss these with your doctor at your assessment if you have a particular concern you would like to address. If any tests are not clinically appropriate for you, your doctor will advise you.
Men's health screens
We offer a dedicated men’s health screening service, led by two highly experienced consultants, Urological Consultant Surgeon Mr Konstantinos Charitopoulos and Consultant Cardiologist Dr Nick Pantazopoulos.
The health screen covers some major health risks for men, including heart disease, prostate cancer and erectile function. You will be offered a comprehensive set of blood tests, in addition to lifestyle advice and much more.
The Men’s Health assessment has the following tests included, selected to help the modern man improve their health and wellbeing.
General men's health
- Medical and lifestyle questionnaire
- Personalised medical report & recommendations regarding broad male health issues
- Consultation with Urologist
- Consultation with Cardiologist
- Blood pressure
- Body composition (height, weight, hip to waist, BMI and body fat percentage)
- Lipid profile
- Check for Diabetes including HbA1c
- Full blood count (for anaemia and other diseases)
- Kidney function test
- Uric Acid (or Urates)
- Liver function
- Thyroid function test
- Morning testosterone levels
- Prostate specific antigen (PSA) blood test (detects higher levels of protein in the blood that can be a possible sign of prostate cancer).
- Cardiovascular risk score
- Identification of conditions that may be associated with Heart Disease, with a plan of action for their management
- Cardiovascular risk factors that are involved in erectile dysfunction will be screened for
- For men with existing Heart Conditions, there will be a detailed review of their current condition with medication adjustment, if needed
- Resting ECG
- A urine sample will be checked to look for microscopic blood (a sign of possible bladder cancer), and for glucose (a sign of likely diabetes)
- Testicular and prostate cancer awareness
- Education and counselling will be provided relating to early diagnosis and treatment options for testicular and prostate cancer
- Optional testicular and prostate examination with a chaperone offered
- Treatment options will be offered to men experiencing erectile dysfunction
- An opportunity will be given to discuss other issues with our urologist
Length of assessment: Up to 2 hours, including nurse consultation, and up to 30 minutes with a consultant Urologist and 30 minutes with a consultant Cardiologist
Cost of assessment: £479.00
To find out more about Health Assessments at BMI Syon Clinic or to make an appointment please call 0800 004600.