Covid 19 update - Remote Consultations
At BMI Healthcare we want you to know that we are still here for you during the lock down. We may be unable to offer face-to-face support for patients at this time, but we are now able to offer telephone or video consultations, so we can continue to provide advice and exercises to help treat your condition. Our prices have been reduced during this time.
Call us on 0800 404 6660 to arrange your appointment
Our private physiotherapy team at BMI The Park Hospital offers private physiotherapy services to patients based in Nottingham, Grantham and Newark.
We can treat with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, repetitive strain injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, post-surgery rehabilitation, and sports injuries.
We also have private physiotherapists that specialise in women’s health, acupuncture and Pilates. Your first visit will involve an assessment of your condition so that a treatment programme can be specifically developed for you. We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme.
All BMI The Park Hospital Physiotherapists are registered with the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists and Health & Care Professions Council, and are part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within our private hospital.
This means that when necessary we can rapidly refer you on and provide access to the latest imaging technologies to help and aid treatment decisions.
Private Physiotherapy Services at BMI The Park Hospital in Nottingham
- Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Nottingham
Private Physiotherapy Services offered in Nottingham
- Acupuncture physiotherapy - acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Bracing - you may benefit from bracing if you have been suffering with painful joints, stability issues or have ongoing pain. Braces can also help with rehabilitation and returning to sport.
- Chronic pain management - if you have had persistent or long-standing pain that has failed to respond to previous treatments, then it would be helpful to consult a physiotherapist. This type of physiotherapy has been shown to assist patients with coping strategies that can help improve quality of life.
- Gait analysis - is the assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions from developing or recurring.
- Hand therapy - provides assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to your needs and focuses on helping you get back to the day-to-day activities that you enjoy.
- Occupational therapyh - physiotherapists who work in occupational health help to treat work-related problems, as well as educating employers and staff on safe working practices to help avoid injury.
- Pelvic health rehabilitation - pelvic health physiotherapists are specially trained to assess and treat a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- Physiotherapy for cancer treatments - we offer individual assessments and treatment for a wide range of musculoskeletal problems that can occur as a result of your cancer treatment, such as shoulder pain and stiffness after breast surgery, or lower back pain as a result of being less active.
- Physiotherapy for sports injuries - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practicing a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation.
- Pilates - a form of exercise that may improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Rehabilitation service- aims to improve function after surgery or injuries including fractures, accidents, chronic spinal conditions, strokes, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, cranial surgery and cardiac surgery.
- Respiratory physiotherapy- the treatment consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system and to re-programme your brain to tune out the dizzy sensations. The goal is to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms, by becoming desensitised.
- Private Facilities at BMI The Park Hospital in Nottingham
Private Facilities at BMI The Park Hospital in Nottingham
Our private physiotherapy department has four private treatment rooms and a separate gym.
All private physiotherapists at BMI The Park Hospital work closely as part of our integrated multi-disciplinary teams within the hospital so that, if necessary, you can benefit from fast referrals and access to the latest imaging technologies to help accurately diagnose and aid treatment pathway decisions.
We provide on-site access to diagnostic imaging services which may include ultrasound, X-ray, MRI and CT scans.
The purpose-built private physiotherapy gym enables our physiotherapists to work with you to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs.
Exercise forms an important part of physiotherapy, with the aim of increasing mobility, muscle strength and general fitness, building core stability, and reducing symptoms.
Private services include personal training, and customised rehabilitation.
Our private gym includes:
- Free weights
- Leg Press
If we cannot help you with physiotherapy, we can quickly refer you to a private Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who can assess and discuss a future treatment pathway with you.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.