At BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital we offer a Consultant-led private Rapid Access Breast Clinic to patients based in Windsor, Maidenhead and Ascot.
We aim to provide rapid investigation, and guide patients from diagnosis through to treatment, including a complete package of care tailored to each patient's individual needs.
Where possible, all necessary tests will be carried out in one hospital visit to enable your Consultant to reach a diagnosis and to discuss with you any private treatment that may be required.
Do I need a GP referral?
A referral from a GP or a NHS breast centre is necessary if you have private medical insurance, to ensure that all costs are covered.
If you are using our self-pay option, the referral is not required but it is always recommended that you see your GP before beginning any treatment.
- Clinics run Monday to Friday
- Urgent consultations are available upon the discovery of a new breast symptom such as a lump
What does the Private Rapid Access Breast Clinic service in Windsor include?
You will have up to 30 minutes consultation with a private Consultant Breast Surgeon. The Consultant may recommend further investigations and where possible these will be carried out on the same day. We have a team of breast care nurses who will be able to support the service where required. This might include:
- Core Biopsy
What are the benefits of the Private Rapid Access Breast Clinic service in Windsor?
- We provide rapid access to imaging equipment, including full field digital mammography, high definition ultrasound and MRI
- All Breast Imaging is performed and reported on by a Specialist Breast Consultant Radiologist
- Continuity of care from a dedicated specialist team who bring a personal approach to your care and investigation
- Imaging results are available the same day and biopsy results within 5 days
Our Private Rapid Access Breast Clinic team at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
- Ms Sunita Shrotria, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Ms Dominika Predolac, Consultant Breast Surgeon
- Mr Maisam Fazel, Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon
- Mr Manish Kothari, Breast and Oncoplastic Surgeon
- Dr Liz Bellamy, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Amrita Kumar, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Margaret Moreland, Consultant Radiologist
- Dr Dimetrios Tzias, Consultant Radiologist
- Jane O’Driscoll, Specialist Breast Care Nurse
- Fiona Devereux, Specialist Breast Care Nurse
Our Private Breast Care Team are a professional multidisciplinary group, working closely together to guide and support our patients.
Our team provide a personal approach within a modern, well-equipped facility ensuring you receive prompt attention and continuity of care.
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.