Our physiotherapy service at BMI Thornbury Hospital in Sheffield, South Yorkshire, can help with a wide range of injuries and conditions including back and neck pain, sports injuries, joint pain and arthritis, muscle injuries, and post-surgery rehabilitation.
There are also physiotherapists that specialise in sports rehabilitation, women’s health, men’s health, respiratory therapy, acupuncture, vestibular rehabilitation (dizziness and balance), falls prevention, and Pilates.
Our fully equipped gym allows our physiotherapists to provide expert advice and develop an exercise programme which meets your specific needs. The aim is to increase mobility, muscle strength, and general fitness, build core stability, and reduce symptoms.
All BMI physiotherapists are HCPC registered and members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapists. As the physiotherapy department is within the BMI Thornbury Hospital we have easy access to other specialist services you may require, including fast track access to high quality imaging technology to help accurately diagnose, and consultant review that aid treatment pathway decision.
At BMI Thornbury Hospital we offer the following physiotherapy services:
- Acupuncture physiotherapy – acupuncture can be used on its own or in combination with physiotherapy to help treat a range of musculoskeletal conditions.
- Respiratory physiotherapy – used to manage symptoms related to disorders of the lungs, such as asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, cystic fibrosis and bronchiectasis.
- Hand therapy - assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients with a hand or upper limb injury or condition, including arthritis, carpal tunnel, tendonitis, repetitive strain, trigger finger or soft tissues injuries or fractures.
- Sports physiotherapy - the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, joint and nerve problems caused by practising a sport or exercising, including muscle imbalances, joint pain and post-fracture rehabilitation. The aim is to get you back to sport as soon as possible.
- Vestibular rehabilitation – consists of exercises designed to retrain the balance system with a goal to gradually reduce the severity of your symptoms.
- Pilates - a form of exercise used to improve balance, strength, posture, flexibility and circulation. It focuses on strengthening the core abdominal and back muscles.
- Gait analysis – an assessment of the lower limb biomechanics, e.g. how you stand, walk or run, to help identify problems in your legs, hips or even your back. It can help prevent painful conditions developing or recurring.
- Pelvic health physiotherapy - treats a range of conditions that can cause pelvic problems, such as incontinence of the bladder or bowel, or pelvic pain.
- JEMS Therapy - Franklin method
- Whiplash injury rehab
Our gym includes:
- Free weights
- Rowing Erg Machine
Hand therapy specialists provide assessment and holistic rehabilitation for patients who have a hand or upper limb injury or condition. The treatment is tailored to suit the individual and focuses on returning the patient to an optimal level of functional activity.
We offer a wide range of therapies that are often used in combination in a treatment programme, including The EXOS reformable & waterproof bracing system for treatment of fractures. Please see the video below for more information.
Physiotherapy may be covered by your medical insurance, but you will need to check your cover with your insurer first. Alternatively, you can pay for your treatment by cash, debit or credit card.