- How do I pay for my treatment?
We have three options to pay for treatment:
- I had been referred to treatment after my consultation, how can I find out how much my procedure will cost?
If you had an initial consultation and the consultant has recommended further treatment, you can get a quote by phoning the hospital directly.
For guide prices across our most common procedures, please download our price guide.
- Can I use my private medical insurance?
In most cases you can use your insurance to pay for your medical treatment, however you should always check with your insurer first to ensure you are covered for the treatment you require.
- Are all treatments/consultants covered by medical insurance?
Most treatments that are medically necessary will be covered by medical insurance subject to the specific policy, however there are some elective procedures that may not be covered by insurance such as cosmetic surgery, obesity surgery and varicose veins treatment. You should always check with your insurer first to see what your policy covers. If the treatment you need is not covered by your medical insurance then you may choose to pay for yourself.
- How can I find out which consultants are covered by my insurance?
In order to find out what consultants are covered by your insurance policy please call your insurer.
- How do I access private healthcare treatment if I have private medical insurance?
Before booking your appointment with us, you have to get a GP referral and also activate your private medical insurance by phoning your insurer. See our private medical insurance page for more information.
- How can I pay my bill?
For your convenience, we offer various ways to pay your bill:
- Online: available 24/7 on our payments page
- By telephone: payment can be made at any time through our automated line on 0330 008 0457.
- By post: You can send a cheque made payable to BMI Healthcare Collections. Please ensure that your hospital account number and invoice number (these can be found at the top of your invoice) are clearly written on the back of your cheque. Please detach the remittance slip at the bottom of the invoice and send with your cheque.
Find out more information about how to pay your bill on our dedicated page.