He acquired further subspecialist knowledge and expertise in his field by undertaking fellowship training at the world-renowned Liverpool Upper Limb Unit before being appointed as a Consultant Upper Limb Surgeon in 2013.
Mr George Malal believes in a holistic approach to treating patients under his care and ensures an unhurried consultation, giving adequate time to discuss the problem at hand and consider various treatment options available. Where appropriate, he uses the most advanced, minimally invasive and evidence based surgical techniques to treat musculoskeletal problems ensuring the best possible results.
Mr George Malal is also an experienced joint replacement surgeon and works with a multi-disciplinary team of specialist anaesthetists and therapists, ensuring a speedy return to function and normal life for his patients.
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
Current NHS Posts
- Consultant Orthopaedic surgeon, Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
- Arthroscopic Shoulder & Elbow surgery
- Shoulder and Elbow Arthroplasty inc Reverse Polarity Shoulder Replacements
- Shoulder impingement syndromes
- Acromio Clavicular joint pathology
- Recurrent Shoulder Instability
- Rotator cuff disorders
- Frozen shoulder, Sports injuries of shoulder and elbow
- Complex upper limb trauma
- Tendonitis and nerve entrapment syndromes of upper limb
- Dupuytrens contracture, trigger finger, hand and wrist arthritis
- Arthroscopic capsular release for frozen shoulder
- Reverse shoulder arthroplasty
- Arthroscopic sub acromial decompression
- Shoulder resurfacing arthroplasty
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)