At BMI Albyn Hospital we offer a wide range of outpatient care options for children and young people in Aberdeen, Angus and Moray.
Our dedicated team of Private Consultant Paediatricians and Surgeons provide care for babies, children and young people up to 16 years of age, needing routine outpatient consultants.
Where subsequent treatment is required, care may be transferred to the local NHS children’s hospital which will be discussed with you during consultation.
Private Paediatric treatments offered at BMI Albyn Hospital:
- General Paediatric surgery
- General paediatrics
- Paediatric urology - including day and nighttime wetting
- Ear, Nose and Throat including ear correction and squints
- Orthopaedic surgery
- Paediatric neurology - including epilepsy and headache disorders
- Paediatric colorectal - including constipation
- Gastrointestinal - including gastroesophageal reflux
- Physiotherapy including sports injuries and musculo-skeletal growth and developmental disorders
- Imaging including musculo-skeletal and gastrointestinal Imaging across a number of modalities such as MRI, ultrasound and x-rays
- Private GP and Health Services including travel Clinic and vaccinations
Private Paediatric Physiotherapy in Aberdeen
We have highly skilled musculoskeletal Chartered Physiotherapists who will treat children from the age of 8 upwards. We will undertake a comprehensive assessment to identify the individual problem and develop a treatment plan including exercise, soft tissue massage, orthotics, taping, splinting and return to sport rehabilitation.
For advice or to self-refer please call on 01224 577406.
Private Paediatric GP and Health Services in Aberdeen
We run a daily private GP clinic and have skilled GP’s and nurses who will provide advice about health, vaccines, travel and onward referral to our Consultants.
For advice or to self- refer please call on 01224 577426.
With the help of our friendly helpful nurses we strive to provide a comforting setting and a caring pathway, reducing fears and anxieties for children and parents alike.
The following support is available:
- Private surgeons in most specialties
- Qualified children's nurses trained in routine and emergency clinical procedures
- Secure environment for outpatient consultations
A GP referral to an appropriate consultant is essential. The parents of self-pay patients are most welcome and if insured, are advised to contact their insurance company before arranging any treatment.
Our Private Paediatric Team at BMI Albyn Hospital in Aberdeen
Mr Christopher Driver - Paediatric Urology and General Paediatric Surgery
Mr Yatin Patel - Paediatric Colorectal Surgery and General Paediatric Surgery
Dr Elma Stephen - Paediatric Neurology and General Paediatrics
Dr Andrew G Affleck- Dermatology
Dr Colin Flemin - Dermatology
Mr John B Hewitt - Dermatology
Mr Clive Brewis - ENT Surgery
Miss Sangeeta Maini - ENT Surgery
Mr Bhashkar Ram - ENT Surgery
Mr Derek Veitch - ENT Surgery
Mr Aravind Reddy- Ophthalmology
Mr Christopher Scott - Ophthalmology
Mr Terry Lowe - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
Mr Shaukat Mahmood - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
Mr Roderick Morrison - Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
Mr Simon Barker - Orthopaedics
Dr Lene Forrester - Psychology
Accessing private healthcare is easy, whether you choose to pay directly or use private medical insurance.
If you are paying for yourself, we can usually offer an upfront cost which you can then choose to pay in full or access one of our easy payment options.
If you have insurance, we can arrange direct settlement with your insurance provider, although you should check in advance to see if your treatment is covered. For more information, visit our private medical insurance page.