Mr Scott Barker
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB ChB, FRCSEd(Tr & Orth)
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
Prior to taking up his position as a Consultant in Aberdeen, Mr Barker completed two 6 months specialist Fellowships in Australia. His first 6 months was spent at the Ballarat Orthopaedic Centre, where he became proficient in advanced techniques in Hip and Knee Replacement. He then spent 6 months working at the prestigious Melbourne Shoulder and Elbow Centre.
Mr Barker has been in his current NHS Consultant post since 2014. As well as participating in the general trauma on call rota, he specialises in complex upper limb trauma. His elective practice is varied with a large proportion of his work consisting of Knee and Shoulder Arthroscopy, as well as Hip, Knee and Shoulder Replacements.
- Hip, Knee and Upper Limb Surgery. His main area of sub-specialist interest is Shoulder Surgery
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, NHS Grampian - Woodend Hospital and ARI.
- Honorary Clinical Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (RCSEd)
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)